Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Place To Bury Strangers - Exploding Head


1. It Is Nothing
2. In Your Heart
3. Lost Feeling
4. Dead Beat
5. Keep Slipping Away
6. Ego Death
7. Smile When You Smile
8. Everything Always Goes Wrong
9. Exploding Head
10. I Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart

Genre: Shoegaze/Noise Rock
Year: 2009

Exploding Head is a very apt name for A Place To Bury Strangers' sophomore opus. When I listened to it for the first time, my head literally exploded. After I had gotten my pieces back together and experienced expensive reconstructive surgery, I decided to upload it for all y'all good folks right here. Stranger's sound is very noisy and chaotic, but not random or pointless (too many bands have fallen into that trap. R.I.P.). Highly melodic and almost even poppy elements show their heads in the songs, and create a very absorbing experience. It is so easy to get lost in Everything Always Goes Wrong, which is one of the best fucking songs ever I swear to god... Lyrics are often abstract and haunting. And to be frank, the album artwork is fucking awesome, too. Can't place why, but it is. So, yeah... Download this one.

Grade: 9.5/10

1 comment:

MBP said...

Link's broken man. :(
Lucky I found another one: http://www.mediafire.com/?junmtyy5zy1