Saturday, January 15, 2011

R010R - Diagnostics EP


Tracklist:
1. Hypocrite
2. Field Mechanik
3. Brain Death
4. Peripheral
5. Human Circumference [FGFC820 RMX]
6. Brain Death [Lost Generation RMX by Brain Leisure]

Back to our roots we go. Here we have a good old fashioned aggrotech/harsh EBM/hellektro/dark electro (what the fuck am I supposed to call this anyway?) EP by a band called R010R, which I don't know how to pronounce. I suppose it's not pronounced R zero one zero R, so you're in the same boat I am, assuming you care.

The thing that caught me off guard about this EP was the thoughtful lyrics. Listening to FGFC820's remix of Human Circumference, I decided to actually listen to the lyrics. Instead of being about death, aggression, technology or dancing, it was about all the the things that make all of us human (I guess I don't really remember). R010R is here trying to not fall into the generic hurr durr of aggrotech lyrics, and actually bothers to give a shit about what they say! WoW!

But don't expect any Bob Dylan shit here. This is still industrial.

Anyway the music is really good and harsh and dancey so they didn't fag out by not dumbing down (yay). I recommend you download this, it's actually one of the better harsh EBM things I fell into as of recently.


No comments: